New AP Latin

I have been looking through the requirements for the new AP Latin course for next year (2012 - 2013).  I have deeply engrossed with teaching the Aeneid and Vergil to my Latin IV students so that they will be prepared for AP level Latin.  When I read that the AP Board is adding Julius Caesar's works, I was not sure how to feel.  When I stepped back and considered though, I realized that this could be a great fit.  I only wish that they had included Augustus Caesar as well.  I enjoyed reading the Res Gestae divi Augusti earlier this year with my kids and that put me in mind of how many connections there are between the Caesars and Vergil.  This could make for a really interesting class next year.  Now I'm getting a little excited about the possibilities!  

No comments:

Post a Comment